Sunday, September 9, 2012

House full of Monkeys

Well, this last week my youngest child started preschool.  We weren't thinking that she would make it into the school, she was on the wait-list, and we were told that our chances were slim.  Then, I got a phone call that there was an opening for her, and she started the next day!!  I don't know if I'm happy about that or really sad about it, she is my last, so I yearn to keep her my baby forever, but alas, they grow up and I must accept it.

Isn't she a cutie!?!
Anyway 3 of my kids are now at parent participation schools, which means that 4 hours each week I am in each of their classes, and even though I'm not required to be in my eldest child's school each week, I am there as well.  So that means that I have 3 schools, and 4 days of volunteer work each week, it's been a whirlwind to say the least, and has left me with little time to do anything outside of kids. 

Today however, I was able to do some crafting fun.  I took one of my husband's old t-shirts, and I cut it up into a vest for my teenager, and a pillow for my rocking chair.  I also was able to make some homemade....well semi-homemade...monkey-bread.  I wasn't able to take pics of the vest because my daughter grabbed it up so fast that I couldn't.  The pillow, well it's a pillow, it's burgundy, it's soft and fluffy.  But the monkey-bread, now that's what this is all about. 


Sooooo Good, and so easy.  Here it is:

  • 4 tubes of Pillsbury (or store brand works too) biscuits, but not the grands, they are too big, just the regular size ones
  • 1/2 cup of butter or margerine
  • 3/4 cup of sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon 
  • gallon zip top bag

Preheat your oven to 350 and grease or spray a bunt cake pan.
While oven is preheating, prepare your mix by putting the sugar and cinnamon into your zip top bag.  Open your biscuits and cut each into quarters and place into the sugar and cinnamon mixture, only do one tube at a time or you won't get a good coat on all your pieces.  Take out the coated pieces and put them into your greased bunt pan, and repeat the same steps for the next three tubes of biscuits.  Melt the butter and add the brown sugar to it, then pour the mixture over the pieces in the bunt pan.  Put the whole thing into the oven for 40 minutes.  Remove promptly from oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing it onto a serving plate/tray.  Cool for another 5 minutes, then serve warm.

MMMMMMM
And tonight I swapped out the sugar for truvia so that at least there was a little bit less guilt for eating it.  Still turned out amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment