Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Meal That Will Haunt You

Today we celebrated my sons birthday, a few days early, but because his birthday is on a Wednesday this year, we opted to celebrate the Saturday before.  He only asked for three things:
  1. He wanted 2 families over
  2. He wanted me to make his dinner look scary 
  3. And he wanted Lego's, lots and lots of Lego's
So, as his mom, what am I to do, his wishes aren't too outlandish, so I set forth on a mission to have the best birthday party yet.  And guess what?  It was fantastic!!

Here are some pics:

The Banner that I made...each of those circles and bats were hand cut.
My Punch was steaming over.

Shrunken Head Punch...Carved Apples in Apple Cider with Cloves for eyes.

Witches Fingers in Cockroach Puree...carrots and hummus

Giant Nail Clippings...Frito Scoops

Frankenstein Brains....aren't they cute?

Used Q-Tips....yummy cake pops


Flesh Eating Worms.....jello




Boo-nanas...bananas with chocolate chips

It was tons of work to do it all by myself, but it was tons of fun to see it all come together so well.  Adults and kids all seemed to have a good time, there was one little one that didn't want to eat anything because it was gross or scary. Sorry buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment